Platte County School District uses Talent Ed Recruit & Hire, an online application tool. Applications are paperless, and we no longer accept applications, resumes, cover letters, etc. through mail or email. If you do not have access to the internet you can come to the District Education Center at 998 Platte Falls Rd, Platte City, 64079. A computer is available for the application process. Should you have any questions regarding this process, please contact Human Resources at 816-858-5420.
External Candidates (Including Current Substitute Teachers and Student Teachers)
Applications are only accepted through the online
application process. Review the process for Licensed
Professional Candidates below before you proceed with the online
The Application Process For External Candidates
- To view external postings, click here.
- Next to the posting you are interested in, click "Apply."
apply, applicants will create an account. Applicants must upload a cover letter and a resume. Additionally,
applicants can upload reference letters, transcripts, and other
building level administrator will contact selected applicants to
schedule a screening interview. Candidates are chosen for screening
interviews by building level administrators.
- Candidates will be
selected and scheduled for finalist interviews. Candidates are chosen
for finalist interviews by building level administrators.
- A building level administrator will make a recommendation for hire to the Assistant Superintendent of Personnel.
- Selected candidates will be contacted to schedule an appointment to meet with the Superintendent.
the third Thursday of each month, recommendations to hire selected
candidates are placed before the Board of Education for final approval.
- If selected candidates are approved as a new hires, contracts will be issued.
Substitute Teachers and Student Teachers
If you are a current substitute or student teacher and are interested in a certified teaching position, you must complete the full application process outlined under the Process for Licensed Professional Candidates section and apply as an outside candidate. Do not use the internal movement process.
Internal Candidates (Current District Employees)
Internal Applications must be submitted by March 1st
The Application Process for Internal Movement Inside/Outside Current Building
- You must be a current staff member with a district email. **Substitutes and Student Teachers see External Candidates, above**
- Please click here to go to TalentEd Recruit and Hire.
- Once here, click on "Yes, I am an employee."
- Enter your full district email address and click continue.
- Create a profile if you have not created one before; use your district email when setting up the profile.
- Once you create your profile, log in using your username/password.
- Go to the "Job Listings" tab.
- Click on "Apply," then "Apply for this Position" on the right-hand side.
- Answer the questions, then click save and continue.
- Review your information, affirm confirmation, click save and submit.
- Please note, interviews are not guaranteed, interviews will be based on qualifications.
Process for Licensed Professional Candidates
In addition to submitting the application, a copy of your college
transcripts and teaching license must be submitted electronically. If
you are currently in process of completing your degree, a copy of your
transcripts prior to graduation should be submitted. All documents,
including transcripts, license and three letters of reference, can be
uploaded and attached to your application through the online process. To be considered for specific openings, you must apply for each
opening that is of interest to you.
It is important that applications are complete and up-to-date prior
to submission. Current information regarding licensure, transcripts,
experience, and references will be necessary for full consideration.
Review your application each time prior to submission to ensure accurate
Our building administrators are focused on the daily educational
needs of students; therefore we ask that candidates do not contact
building principals to express interest in a position. The Human
Resources department will manage your application and can provide
information regarding the status of your application and any open
Successful candidates will be contacted for interviews. Not all
applicants will receive an interview. The recruitment process for Platte County Schools is year round, but specific staffing needs may not be
determined until late spring.