In July of 2010, the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education changed the procedures for applying for and acquiring a substitute certificate.
*** The information and process to apply for a substitute certificate, is located here. The substitute page will give you the information to apply for a substitute certificate.
You must complete this application process, have a current background clearance no older than 365 days and have been issued a substitute certificate, or valid teaching certificate before you will be considered eligible to sub for Platte County R-3 School District. Go to www.machs.mo.gov to make your appointment for fingerprinting. The correct code for substitute teachers is 1629. The fee is $40.30.
Platte County R-3 is accepting substitute teacher applications at this time. Please see current openings to apply.
** The process above, must be completed before your application will be considered. All subs must substitute for a minimum of five (5) days each school year to remain on the list. For substitute questions contact Bobbi Wheeler 816.858.5420 x 2120.
Substitutes are paid on the 10th and 25th of each month. If the 10th or the 25th falls on a holiday or weekend, payday is the last business day prior to the 10th or 25th. Please refer to the Payroll Dates below. All substitutes will be paid by Direct Deposit. Substitutes will use Time Clock Plus to record time worked. Time Clock Plus is located on all the school computers.
- The substitute teacher pay is $95.00 for a full day, and $12.67 an hour for a half day.
- If hired to be a long-term substitute teacher for certified teachers, you will begin to receive an increase in pay to $18.67 an hour upon the 6th day after substituting five (5) consecutive days for certified personnel only. Pay is based on actual time worked, which will be taken from the hours clocked using Time Clock Plus.
- The substitute admin assistant pay is $12.67 an hour.
- The substitute nurse pay is $12.67 an hour.
- The substitute custodians pay is $10.15 an hour.