Preschool Questions and Answers
1. What are the start/end times for the two preschool sessions offered?
There are two (2) sessions held daily on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday (no classes are held on Wednesday) which are: AM Session begins at 8:45 am and dismisses at 11:45 am PM Session begins at 12:30 pm and dismisses at 3:30 pm
2. What is the tuition cost for attendance at Great Beginnings Preschool?
In-district tuition is $2,300 payable in 10 monthly installments of $230. Out-of-district tuition is $2,800 payable in 10 monthly installments of $280.
3. Are there any additional fees that need to be paid throughout the year?
There is a $40 enrollment fee and $30 per semester supply fee (payable in August and January).
4. What daily activities will my child participate in at Great Beginnings?
Circle time, story time, art, puzzles, gross motor play and snack. Reading, writing and math readiness are embedded in all daily activities.
5. Does the school district provide transportation to/from Great Beginnings Preschool?
Transportation is not provided by the school district to/from Great Beginnings, therefore, drop off/pick up travel must be provided by parents. The official “drop off/pick up” routine will be shown during “Open House” in August before the first day of school.
6. Does my student need to send any school supplies with him/her on the first day?
No. The $30 per semester supply fee covers all supply costs throughout the year.
7. What items should my child have to be prepared for the preschool classroom?
request each child bring a backpack daily to transport communication and work between school and home. Additionally, we ask each student to bring a change of clothes to keep at school in case of an unexpected need.
8. Are snacks or treats from home appropriate to send with my student on special days (i.e., birthday, etc.)?
Due to an increasing number of children with food allergies, we require all snacks or
treats to be prepackaged
or made at a commercial bakery. Fresh fruits or vegetables are
a great alternative to sweets (must be cut and prepackaged
or whole) or special “treats” such as pencils, stickers, note pads are always welcome.
9. How will I know if school is in regular session or canceled due to inclement weather?
Great Beginnings Preschool follows the Platte County R-3
District Calendar for days in
regular session, days not in session, holidays, spring break and early release days. If
school is canceled due to bad weather, the District sends the information to all local
television and radio stations, launches a School Reach District-wide
call, and posts the
information on Facebook, Twitter, as well as our District website.